Looking for eyeglasses prescription in Addis Ababa ? Look no further. At Addis Ababa Eye Clinic, we offer high quality eyeglass prescription for various eye conditions including but not limited to Myopia, Presbyopia, Hyperopia, Blue light glasses trailed for improving your eyesight.
Related : Addis Ababa Eye Clinic
Price of eye glasses in Addis Ababa
An eyeglass is made of two main parts : the lenses and the frame.
You can buy each part separately or buy them together.
Sometimes people like to keep their old frames and only replace the lenses.
It also happen that some patients buy their frames somewhere else because they liked it and come to us only for the lenses.
In both cases, here are the prices :
The average cost of eyeglasses (frames + lenses) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia ranges from 4,000 Birr to 10,000 Birr.
The price of the frames only usually starts from 1000 Birr depending on the quality.
The price of the lenses only usually starts from 3000 Birr depending on the options included.
Visit the Addis Ababa Eye Clinic to get your eyeglass prescription today.
Eyeglasses are lenses set in frames. You wear them in front of your eyes to aid vision or to correct defects of vision. Those eye conditions can be myopia, prebyopia, hyperopia or astigmatism.
Examination and Diagnosis for Eyeglass prescription
A refraction test is a test that your eye doctor uses to identify the exact eyeglass prescription needed for you.
Your optometrist will use an instrument called a phoropter during the refraction test, which is used to test your vision using multiple different lenses.
The lenses prescriptions will be given in some numbers which are called dioptries.
The negative sign afore the number designates that you are nearsighted, while the positive sign means that you are farsighted.
Lens power is measured in diopters.
The bigger the number, the worse the eye condition, the stronger the lense prescription. For example, “-7.00” written under sphere means that you are very nearsighted and need a seven diopter correction.
There are 5 steps you’ll need to go through to get your new eyeglasses :
- .Examination, diagnosis and Prescription
- Frames choice
- Lens options selection (blue light, anti UV etc..)
- Payment of the forefront fee and standby time (for the glasses to be ready)
- Eyeglasses delivery( usually from 2 days to 2 week at our clinic)
Eye diseases for which we provide Eyeglass treatment
Below is a list of the eye diseases we commonly diagnose and treat with eyeglasses at the Addis Ababa Eye Clinic :
- Refractive errors – The main types of refractive errors are myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), presbyopia (loss of near vision with age), and astigmatism. Eye glasses help treat Refractive errors by bending the light to make it focus correctly on your retina (the light-sensitive layer of tissue at the back of the eye). Various eyeglass lenses can correct different errors caused by problems with the cornea, lens, or shape of the eye.
- Glaucoma – eye glasses help treat Glaucoma by helping doctors demonstrate the effects of diabetic retinopathy
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) – eye glasses help treat conjunctivitis by protecting the eyes from light, as your eyes tend to become sensitive once infected. Also, using glasses guards the eyes from grit and other fragments there by preventing the infection from further damage.
- Dry Eyes. Treatment is usually blue light eyeglasses and eyedrops.
- Sport Eyeglasses – for athletes
- Diabetic Eye Disease – eye glasses help treat Diabetic Eye Disease by
- Macular Degeneration – eye glasses help treat Macular Degeneration by helping improve the vision of people with MD and may help them carry out everyday tasks more easily and safely.
Eyeglasses Vs Contact Lenses
Please consult our ophthalmologists at Addis Ababa Eye Clinic to get your eye glasses made for you. Contact us to get more information at +251 903461653