Are you looking for an emergency treatent for eye injury ? Visit Addis Ababa Eye Clinic for professional eye care today.
Homepage: Addis Ababa Eye Clinic
Visit your Eye clinic in Addis Ababa to get emergency treatment eyes injury. Call us at +251 903461653
Eye injuries can be an outcome from accidents, and also exposure to chemicals or foreign objects in the eye.
What can be qualified as Eye injury?
Eye injuries may arise from many factors going through our day today activity; eye injuries result from bruises, punctures and scratches.
These can be the cause for pain, swelling, redness and further symptoms.
Some people view flashes of light or have vision changes. Serve injuries to the eye may result in perpetual vision loss.
What are the symptoms of Eye injury?
Symptoms of Eye injury differ based on the type of injury. They might suddenly appear or develop thought time.
Symptoms of Eye injury are:
- Blurred vision.
- Pain or stinging and burning sensation in the eye.
- Feeling like foreign object is in your eye (may be caused by a scratch or something in your eye)
- Being sensitive to light exposure.
- Redness of the eye.
- Swollen eyelids.
- Watery eyes or increased amount of tears.
- Pain and swelling in and around the eye
- Bruising and redness of the eye
- Changes in your vision
- Facing Problems while trying to move your eye
- Changes in the appearance of your eye
- Bleeding of the eye
Causes of Eye injury
Most eye injuries result in damages caused to the eyeball or the bones and tissues around the eye. It is probable to injure the eyes while using drills or saws or when mowing or edging the lawn.
Other causes of Eye injuries could be:
- Blunt Trauma
- Chemical Burns (such as acid, alkali)
- Penetrating or Foreign Objects in the Eye
- Eye Scratches (Corneal Abrasions)
- Sports: (such as an elbow in the face during a basketball game).
- Accidents: from sharp objects, blunt force and falls. Car accidents are a common cause of eye injuries, either from impact during a crash or from shattered glass., grease splatters while cooking.
- Strain: Severe exertion while coughing, vomiting or lifting a heavy object can lead to an eye bleeding.
Eye injury treatment offered at Addis Ababa Eye Clinic
Some of the treatments for eye injury are:
- Eye surgery
- Cold compresses: Icepacks reduce swelling and relieve pain.
- Eye flushing: Flush chemicals and other irritants with clean water for about 15 minutes.
- Eye drops: Your provider may prescribe eye drops to help your eye heal.
- Eye patch: By covering your eye, you’ll allow it to rest while it’s healing.
While going through an eye injury open eyelid gently and wash eye with cold flowing water for 20 minutes. Place eye pad or light clean dressing over the injured eye only.
Visit quickly an ophthalmologist if you have an eye pain, foreign object in your eye, eye shock, itching eyes, or discomfort as it could be a potential symptom of a serious condition.
Get your treated for eye injury at the Addis Ababa Eye Clinic today today. Call +251 903461653